Sunday, November 29, 2009

ONE MORE !!




What in the world does that mean? As I drive around Woodward, I see ONE MORE sign’s in front yard ‘s all over town. I have one in my yard and have people that know me, ask me all the time what it means. Our Pastor Sheldon Riley, came up with this as a way for us to look for that ONE More out there. He challenges us to get out of our comfort zone and look for the one more that has not heard the word of GOD.
It reminds me of the movie that says “if you build it they will come”. If you build a excitement for people to be saved, People will be saved. As Pastor Sheldon said in one of his sermons “God moves forward and if we stay in our comfort zone we could be left behind. It kind of reminds me of room’s in our life. As we move from room to room there is a hallway and however long it takes us to go to the next room is how long we wander around in the hallway getting farther away from god. God opens the door but sometime its hard to go in a new room because of the change it might make in our lives. It’s easier to go back to our comfort zone and think everything is great. And I must admit I have a problem with change and try to stay out of the lime light, but I realized that I was getting luke warm and didn’t even realize it. I have been teaching or helping teach children’s Church every since I got saved 23 years ago and LOVE GOD and that’s enough …right? I am a good person and don’t drink, smoke, cuss so I’m ok …right? As my kids grow up and, some move away, I wonder if I did everything that I could to get my kids to love Jesus as much as I do and realized how many mistakes I made through the years. I missed so many teachable moments and didn’t even know it.
So now back to my comfort zone. As I was at church every Sunday helping teach the kids and doing puppets it came to me I was doing a “Job”. So I started looking for a way out. Novell and I had been teaching, driving the bus, helping mow the church yard once a month every since we started going to church and didn’t really have a time to get to know GOD. So as I tried to get out of teaching the 1st and 2nd grade children’s church we quit going to church on Sunday nights because we needed our time to relax. It took a couple of years to get out of the job of children’s church. It wasn’t till we got out that I realized that I had let the Devil convince me that I was unhappy and keep me from using the talent that he had given me. God hadn’t changed …I had. Once I saw the bigger picture I tried to get back in touch with God and be what he wanted me to be. I decided to help teach the k – 1st grade class. I found out once you become luke warm…it really hard to get back to the place GOD wants us to be. So for years we helped teach but still didn’t go to church on Sunday evenings. We went through quit a few preachers and I was in my comfort zone, serving God and feeling good about myself. UNTILL…….
Our new pastor came and was here for a few month’s . I started hearing lots of people saying great things about Pastor Sheldon. I was curious what was going on. I decided to check it out one morning and it was like someone had shaken me. I realized how far I had slipped into my comfort zone and realized that I needed to move (Out of my comfortable room). I went to a new place and see things from a different view.
I love the Lord and can’t wait till Sundays (Mornings to teach the kids and evenings to hear the word of GOD). I ask GOD everyday to guide me and help me to find the ONE MORE that needs to be shook up like I was. I ask him help keep me from ever getting Luke warm again. I know that I was a ONE MORE 2 times so I thank God for my ONE MORE chance to get it right.
Mat 18:16
But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.'
Mar 12:33
And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
PS: Don’t fault me for grammar and spelling…It was my worst subject 

No comments:

Post a Comment