Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Fun


I enjoy the fun my wife and I have shared with our kids over the
years, coloring eggs, hiding baskets, and all the other fun Easter
traditions, BUT I do not confuse this light fun with the Passion of the
Cross.

The Holy week of Jesus with all the cornerstone pieces of the salvation
message MUST be remembered and honored or we miss the point of Easter.

Now we live in a society where schools have Good Friday off, but don’t call
it Good Friday because that would be ‘too Christian’ and disrespectful of
all the other religions in our diverse society.

Happy is the Nation is who’s God is the Lord.
We should be celebrating the Truth of the Easter message
including Good Friday and quit apologizing for it. My fear is we are as a
nation slip sliding away on the slopes of compromise and are on the cusp of
falling far as just another nation and no longer regarded as a Christian
nation, and will suffer the consequences of these choices.

Two things I know :
1. I AM JUST A MAN and not a prophet, so what the HOOT do I know
anyways, and
2. If we are falling as a nation, God will take us back. So let’s as
individuals prayerfully be faithful and unite as a ONE CHURCH (of many
denominations) but with the ONE PURPOSE in honoring our God by loving Him
and others as ourselves. Then as ONE CHURCH let’s start a revival to become
again ONE NATION under God (not multiple gods) with liberty and justice for
all.

BUT I DIGRESS.. and while my point is serious point is made on honoring the
salvation message of Easter, now let me segue gracefully like a Peter
Cottontail down the bunny trail (or a Norwegian bull in a china shop) to my
secular Easter of bunnies, chicks (the birds, not the girls), colored eggs,
chocolate, and baskets.

May God bless each of you this Easter with safe travels, good family fun,
and a great time of celebrating our Risen Lord.

Easter Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment